Provides a cost-effective, high-definition scaler with HDMI in and out, and audio embedding and de-embedding.
The HD-SCALER-HD-E is a simple, cost-effective video scaler designed to enable an HD, SD, or computer display device to handle virtually any input resolution up to Full HD 1080p or WUXGA. Its low-profile, surface-mountable design and set-and-forget simplicity allow the HD-SCALER-HD-E to be installed discreetly in the back of an equipment rack, behind a flat panel display, or above a ceiling projector.
- True, most video displays include a built-in scaler. But, too often these displays just can’t handle all the different formats and resolutions that you’re likely to encounter day-to-day in a dynamic presentation environment. The HD-SCALER-HD-E simply connects to the HDMI® or DVI input of your video display and ensures that every source you feed it appears reliably and beautifully. Fully automatic operation is achieved using the display’s EDID — just insert the HD-SCALER-HD-E into the incoming video signal path and it intelligently converts and enhances that signal for optimal appearance on your display.
- The HD-SCALER-HD-E handles standard and high-definition digital video sources with resolutions up to Full HD 1080p60 progressive and 1080i interlaced, as well as computer sources up to WUXGA 1920x1200. Whatever the source, the HD-SCALER-HD-E is capable of scaling it up or down, deinterlacing it, reducing noise artifacts, and adjusting its aspect ratio to match the native resolution of your video display or computer monitor. A wide selection of display resolutions up to 1920x1200 can be supported, with auto-calibration ensuring a quick and easy setup and hands-off operation.
- The HD-SCALER-HD-E provides a single HDMI input and is compatible with HDMI, DVI, and Dual-Mode DisplayPort sources.
- Via its HDMI input and output, the HD-SCALER-HD-E handles 5.1 audio formats like Dolby Digital® and DTS®, as well as uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM. The audio signal is passed through unprocessed, with the option of delaying the signal up to 150 ms for lip-sync alignment.
- In addition to HDMI, the HD-SCALER-HD-E includes an analog audio input to accommodate the stereo signal from a line-level audio source, or the headphone output from a laptop or mobile device. The analog input signal is combined with the HDMI video input signal and routed to the scaler’s HDMI output.
- The selected audio input signal is routed simultaneously to the HDMI output and the stereo analog output, allowing distribution of the audio signal to the display device, or to a sound bar, amplified speakers, or a separate sound system.
- Setup and diagnostics are facilitated through an on-screen display (OSD). The OSD appears right on the video display with navigation enabled using simple controls located on the scaler unit. The OSD displays detailed information about the connected source and display device, and includes settings for selecting the audio input, output resolution, and aspect ratio, and for adjustment of the picture and color settings, audio delay, and other parameters.
Simple and Versatile
- The HD-SCALER-HD-E is well-suited for a wide range of applications including boardrooms and classrooms, home entertainment, rental and staging, and digital signage. Its simple set-and-forget nature and compact size let it go anywhere a high-quality video scaler is needed.
- Automatically scales any input signal to match the native resolution of your display
- Supports a range of display resolutions up to Full HD 1080p and WUXGA
- Perfect for adapting all kinds of video devices to handle any input resolution
- Supports any input resolution up to Full HD 1080p and WUXGA
- Performs deinterlacing of NTSC, PAL, and 1080i sources
- Handles HDMI® signals with Deep Color and HDCP
- Also handles DVI and Dual-Mode DisplayPort sources
- Handles Dolby Digital® 5.1, DTS® 5.1, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- Includes stereo analog audio input and output
- Allows embedding of analog stereo audio to HDMI
- Allows extraction of digital stereo audio to analog
- Provides up to 150 ms lip-sync audio delay
- Affords easy setup via on-screen display
- Compact, low-profile surface mount design
- Universal 100-240V external power pack included