A reliable, high-performance AV over IP encoder or decoder that transports 4K60 4:4:4 video over standard Gigabit Ethernet with no perceptible latency or loss of quality. Installs in a rack-mountable card frame. Supports HDR10 and HDCP 2.2, with built-in scaling and video wall processing, USB and KVM routing, and optional fiber connectivity. Provides a secure, scalable 4K signal routing solution for enterprise and campus-wide content distribution applications.
DigitalMedia™ NVX technology transports ultra high-definition 4K60 4:4:4 video over standard Gigabit Ethernet with no perceptible latency or loss of quality. Leveraging standard network switches and CAT5e UTP wiring, DM® NVX delivers a rock-solid, high-performance virtual matrix routing solution that is both economically advantageous and infinitely scalable for any enterprise or campus-wide 4K content distribution application. Professional onboard scaling, plus support for HDR10 and HDCP 2.2, ensures the ultimate in picture quality and compatibility for all of today’s varied media sources.
The Crestron® DM-NVX-350C is an AV over IP encoder/decoder card that installs in one slot of a DMF-CI-8 card chassis. It is designed to function as either a transmitter or receiver in a high-density rack-mount installation. Featuring simple, secure web-based control and management, auto-switching HDMI® inputs and output, analog audio in or out, USB and KVM integration, video wall processing, and support for copper and fiber LAN connectivity, the DM-NVX-350C offers a one-stop solution for any-sized network AV installation.
Real-Time 4K60 Video Distribution
- Engineered for demanding conference room and classroom applications, DM NVX ensures real-time, full-motion 4K60 video performance for the presentation of multimedia, videoconferencing, and live camera images. DM NVX employs high-quality JPEG 2000 encoding and decoding using a patent-pending technique that decodes and scales simultaneously to achieve imperceptible end-to-end latency of just 25 ms or less (1.5 frames). With DM NVX, interactive functions such as mousing and game play are fluid and natural.
- DM NVX is engineered for rock-solid stability and ultimate reliability. Forward Error Correction is employed to ensure that AV data is delivered without interruption regardless of interference around the network cable. Line-synchronized outputs ensure perfect synchronization of content across multiple displays for one-to-many applications such as digital signage or video walls. Variable Multicast TTL (Time To Live) enables traversing multiple network routers for optimal flexibility.
Encoder and Decoder in One
In a single card, the DM-NVX-350C is configurable to operate as either a network AV encoder or decoder.
- As an encoder, it allows the output of a switcher, computer, AirMedia® gateway, or other media source to be connected via HDMI and then transmitted over the network to one or many decoders.
- As a decoder, it receives the signal from a DM NVX encoder and feeds it to the input of a switcher or display device via the HDMI output. It can quickly and easily switch between multiple encoders on the network alongside locally-connected HDMI sources.
- The encoder/decoder mode can be reconfigured dynamically in under one minute via a control system or web browser, or via the DMF-CI-8 front panel, offering a versatile, cost-effective solution for applications that require both modes in one card.
2x1 HDMI® Auto-Switcher
- The DM-NVX-350C includes two HDMI inputs. Switching between the two inputs can be performed automatically using auto-switching mode, programmatically via a Crestron control system, manually via the DMF-CI-8 front panel, or through a computer using a web browser.
- When configured as a decoder, the DM-NVX-350C’s HDMI output feeds the decoded signal to the input of a switcher, a local display device, or any other device with an HDMI input. Its built-in scaler ensures an optimal image, scaling the encoded source resolution up or down to match the native resolution of the display device. When used as an encoder, the HDMI output can be used to feed a local display, confidence monitor, or audio system.
USB and KVM Integration
- For a complete signal management solution, DM NVX supports the extension of USB signals, which may be switched and routed alongside the AV signal or separately via the control system. USB 2.0 host and device ports are provided on each DM-NVX-350C card, allowing a USB mouse, keyboard, or other device to be connected at one DM NVX endpoint and routed to a computer or other host at any other endpoint. KVM switch functionality is a natural application for this feature, but all types of USB peripherals are supported including whiteboards, touch screens, game controllers, cameras, mobile devices, headsets, and flash drives.
- USB signals can also be routed to other locations where a DM NVX endpoint does not exist using Crestron USB over Ethernet Extender Modules (USB-EXT-DM-LOCAL or USB-EXT-DM-REMOTE). USB signals can be freely routed between DM NVX and USB-EXT-DM units over Ethernet under the management of a Crestron control system.
7.1 Surround Sound Audio
- DM NVX supports the lossless transport of 7.1 surround sound audio signals, including Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS HD®, DTS:X®, and uncompressed linear PCM. In decoder mode, the DM-NVX-350C has the ability to receive both multichannel and 2-channel downmix signals from a DM-NVX-351 or DM-NVX-351C encoder, allowing either signal to be selected at the HDMI output while the 2-channel signal is automatically routed to the analog output.
Analog Audio Embedding or De-embedding
- A balanced stereo analog audio port is included, which may be configured as either an input or output. As an input, it allows a stereo audio source to be connected and combined with the video signal from either HDMI input or the incoming network video stream. As an output, it can provide a stereo line-level signal to feed a local sound system or analog audio switcher. The output volume is adjustable via a control system or web browser.
- A DM NVX decoder may select and combine separate video and audio signals from two different inputs, even two different encoders. There are just two exceptions: A) signals may not be combined between the two onboard HDMI inputs, and B) combining signals from two separate encoders is limited to 2-channel stereo audio.
- The ability to display dynamic or fixed text on screen provides a means to label the video source or display special instructions, schedules, announcements, alerts, and other messaging.
Video Wall Processing
- A video wall composed of up to 64 individual displays can be configured using multiple DM-NVX-350C cards. Each card provides fully-adjustable zoom capability and bezel compensation to accommodate a range of video wall configurations and display types. One DM-NVX-350C is required per display, supporting configurations of up to eight wide by up to eight high.
Copper or Fiber LAN Connectivity
- The DM-NVX-350C includes two RJ45 1000Base-T LAN ports. Either port may be used as the primary LAN connection, allowing the other to be used to provide a network connection for an AirMedia gateway, display device, or other local device(s). These ports may also be used to daisy-chain multiple cards feeding a single-source video wall or individual displays all showing the same video image.
- Connection to a fiber optic network is facilitated by inserting an appropriate SFP transceiver module (Crestron SFP-1G series) into the SFP port on the DM-NVX-350C. A selection of modules is offered to accommodate various multimode and single-mode fiber types.
- DM NVX can be deployed on an existing corporate or campus network or a dedicated network. The optimal choice depends on a number of considerations. For complete network requirements and guidelines, please refer to the DM NVX Application Design Guide and DigitalMedia NVX Series System Design Guide, Doc. 7977, both available at .
- A secure AV network ensures its own reliability by protecting the integrity of the content being delivered and the privacy of the personnel accessing it. Every device on the network must be secure to protect against malicious intrusions from both inside and outside of the LAN. Employing advanced security features and protocols like 802.1x authentication, Active Directory® credential management, AES content encryption, PKI authentication, TLS, SSH, and HTTPS, DM NVX delivers a true enterprise-grade network AV solution engineered to fulfill the demanding IT policies of corporate, university, medical, military, and governmental clients.
CEC Device Control
- The DM-NVX-350C provides a gateway for controlling devices through their HDMI connections by harnessing the CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) signal embedded in HDMI. Under the management of a control system, the DM-NVX-350C enables control of display devices and other equipment via CEC, potentially eliminating the need for any dedicated serial cables or IR emitters.
- Setup of the DM-NVX-350C is accomplished using a computer web browser. Full control and monitoring of the card is enabled through integration with a Crestron control system.
DM XiO Director Option
- For small to moderate sized applications, a network of DM NVX cards and endpoints can be configured and controlled using a Crestron control system. For larger enterprise and campus-wide signal routing applications, adding the DM XiO Director (DM-XIO-DIR-80, DM-XIO-DIR-160, or DM-XIO-DIR-ENT) enhances and streamlines the entire configuration and control process by providing a central point of management, and by enabling the creation of multiple virtual matrix switchers, all through one easy-to-use web-based portal.
High-Density, Card-Based Solution
- The DM-NVX-350C installs in a DMF-CI-8 card chassis, providing a scalable high-density solution for applications requiring multiple encoders and decoders in one equipment rack.
- Please refer to the DigitalMedia NVX webpage at for additional design tools and reference documents.
- 4K60 4:4:4 video over standard Gigabit Ethernet
- Real-time video performance over the network with no perceptible latency or loss of quality
- Stable, reliable, economical, and configurable to scale for any enterprise signal routing application
- Enterprise-grade security including 802.1X, Active Directory®, TLS, and AES
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) video support (HDR10)
- Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS HD®, DTS:X®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio support
- HDCP 2.2 compliant
- Configurable as an encoder or decoder
- Dual onboard RJ45 LAN ports
- Optional fiber optic network connection via SFP port
- Two auto-switching HDMI® inputs and one HDMI output
- Built-in 4K60 4:4:4 scaling
- Onboard video wall processing
- Analog audio port configurable as a balanced stereo input or output
- Analog audio embedding or de-embedding
- Audio breakaway capability
- Dynamic text overlay capability
- CEC device control gateway
- USB and KVM signal extension and routing
- Easy setup via built-in webpages
- Fully-controllable via a Crestron® control system
- Enhanced centralized management using the optional DM® XiO Director
- Installs in the DMF-CI-8 card chassis