The PYNG-CONNECT-COM is a COM port expander that allows a PYNG-HUB to interface with a home’s security panel via RS-232. As a result, users can check the status of the security system and arm or disarm the system directly from the Pyng app.
The PYNG-CONNECT-COM includes one RS-232 COM port for connecting to the security panel and one Ethernet with PoE port for connecting to the PYNG-HUB. Its tiny, Crestron® IFE micro form-factor allows the PYNG-CONNECT-COM to be placed just about anywhere, with the option to attach it to a flat surface or DIN rail using the mounting bracket provided.
Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- Using PoE technology, the PYNG-CONNECT-COM gets its operating power right through Ethernet wiring. PoE eliminates the need for a local power supply or any dedicated power wiring. Crestron offers the PWE-4803RU PoE Injector, which simply connects in line with the Ethernet cable. Crestron offers Ethernet switches with built-in PoE (models CEN-SW-POE-5 or CEN-SWPOE-16), affording a complete high-performance networking solution capable of powering multiple PoE powered devices.
Integrator Friendly Enclosure
- The PYNG-CONNECT-COM features the Crestron® IFE form factor, a compact "Integrator Friendly Enclosure” design that fits almost anywhere and enables a variety of installation options. Its shape allows multiple IFE compliant devices to be stacked together. Using the included mounting bracket, it can be fastened to any flat surface or snapped onto a standard DIN rail. A rack mount kit is also available.
- COM Port Expander for PYNG-HUB
- Provides 1 RS-232 control port for bidirectional communication with a home’s security panel
- Allows users to check security system and arm or disarm the system from Crestron Pyng™ app
- Communicates with PYNG-HUB via Ethernet
- PoE network powered
- Available rack mount option