A wireless wall-box dimmer for 120-277 Volt load control of dimmable magnetic low-voltage halogen or LED, incandescent, and tungsten-halogen loads in a Zūm™ commercial lighting system.
Model ZUMMESH-DIM-W-S shown. Faceplate sold separately.
The Zūm™ wireless wall-box dimmer (ZUMMESH-DIM Series) provides control of a single 120-277 Volt lighting load consisting of dimmable magnetic low-voltage halogen or LED, incandescent, and tungsten-halogen loads. It features a single rocker switch to enable simple on/off switching and dimming adjustment, with the ability to save one preset. Standard gang-box installation allows one or more units to be installed in a 3-1/2 inch (89 mm) deep electrical box (decorator-style faceplate sold separately).
Zūm Mesh wireless technology affords easy “pair and play” integration as part of a complete Zūm commercial lighting system. Energy-saving options are available to enable daylighting, occupancy or vacancy sensing, and centralized monitoring and management.
- Occupancy sensor, vacancy sensor, and daylight sensor connectivity drive the potential for significant energy savings. Lights will turn off automatically when the room is vacant and dim gradually according to the amount of natural daylight in the room. This reduces energy usage while maintaining a consistent light level for a comfortable workspace.
Pair and Play Setup
- Designed with flexibility and ease-of-use in mind, Zūm dimmers are pre-programmed with “pair and play” functionality. An installer can simply install the dimmer in a room along with Zūm occupancy or vacancy sensors and/or a daylight sensor, set up the room with a few quick button taps, and then use the dimmer to control the lights in the room – no programming required! Room setup can also be accomplished using the Zūm app if the room is equipped with a Zūm Network Bridge. The Zūm Network Bridge also enables centralize monitoring and management via a Zūm Floor Hub and Zūm Net Wireless Gateway.
Zūm Mesh Wireless Technology
- Ultra-reliable Zūm Mesh wireless technology provides steadfast peer-to-peer RF communications within a commercial space without the need for physical control wiring, hubs, or gateways. Employing a 2.4 GHz peer-to-peer mesh network topology, nearly every Zūm Mesh device acts as a “routing node,” relaying wireless commands directly between Zūm Mesh devices to ensure that every command reaches its intended destination without disruption.
- Zūm Mesh is smart! Every Zūm Mesh device knows its purpose and just the right messages to communicate to other Zūm Mesh devices within the space. Each Zūm Mesh device that is added to the space effectively increases the range and stability of the peer-to-peer mesh network by providing multiple redundant signal paths. Each Zūm Mesh device auto-negotiates its RF channel to provide robust communication and is protected through AES 128-bit encryption. The wireless range between any two Zūm Mesh devices is typically 50 feet (15 meters).
- Please refer to the Zūm Lighting Control System Setup Guide (Doc # 7957) for additional information.
- Zūm™ wireless wall-box dimmer
- Pair and play with Zūm occupancy sensors, vacancy sensors, and daylight sensors
- Zūm Mesh peer-to-peer RF communications for easy integration into a complete standalone or networked Zūm wireless lighting control solution
- Single rocker switch and status LED
- Forward phase dimming technology
- Supports dimmable magnetic low-voltage halogen or LED, incandescent, and tungsten-halogen lighting loads
- Rated 500 Watts at 120 Volts AC or 1200 Watts at 277 Volts AC
- Built-in air gap switch
- Flying lead wiring connections
- Standard 3-1/2 inch (89 mm) deep electrical box installation
- Available in smooth black, white, almond, gray, or red finish
- Matching decorator-style faceplate available separately