A low-profile, ceiling-mounted occupancy sensor designed for large areas up to 2,000 square feet. Dual-technology motion sensing affords reliable motion-detection while Cresnet® connectivity allows for direct connection to a Crestron® control system for integrated control of lighting, climate control, and other devices in the room.
The Crestron® GLS-ODT-C-CN sensor features accurate, dual-technology occupancy detection in a large room or space and delivers a powerful and cost-effective solution for reducing energy consumption and enhancing the functionality of lighting and environmental systems. The GLS-ODT-C-CN is a low-profile, ceiling-mounted occupancy sensor designed for areas up to 2,000 square feet, making it great for use in large spaces such as auditoriums, warehouses, and building lobbies. Reliable Cresnet® wired communications directly connects the sensor to a Crestron control system for integrated control of lighting, climate, and other devices in the room.
Dual-Technology Occupancy Sensing
- Achieving consistent and dependable occupancy sensing is accomplished using a combination of ultrasonic and passive infrared (PIR) sensing technologies. Ultrasonic motion detection is highly sensitive to small movements over a large area, while passive infrared sensing ensures superior immunity to false triggers from vibrations, inanimate objects, or movement in an adjacent corridor. Ultrasonic motion detection can be turned on for Side A, Side B, or both sides of the occupancy sensor to avoid false occupancy readings when the sensor is facing a hallway or doorway. The GLS-ODT-C-CN provides independent sensitivity adjustment for each sensor type for optimum performance in any space.
- This sensor detects momentary occupancy and automatically turns the lights off after 90 seconds with the built-in Walk-Through feature, reducing unnecessary energy consumption.
Grace Occupancy Feature
- When the lights turn off in a room programmed to vacancy only mode, a 15-second grace period starts during which the room lights can be turned on again by simply waving a hand to trigger the sensor.
Ambient Light Recognition
- A built-in photo sensor detects the amount of ambient light in the room. When enabled, the photosensor can override the occupancy sensor’s signal to turn on the lights if the ambient light level is above a set threshold, preventing lights from turning on when there is sufficient daylight in the room and also performing daylight harvesting and dimming when appropriate. Programming logic must be included to utilize this override feature.
- The GLS-ODT-C-CN achieves a discreet, nearly hidden appearance when installed on a typical drywall or droptile ceiling. Hardware is included for fast and simple mounting in a standard 4-inch octagon box or in a hole created with the help of the provided cutout template. The sensor includes a built-in Cresnet connection for data and power and an input for an optional external photosensor. For easy wiring, the 5-pin Cresnet connector is detachable.
- The GLS-ODT-C-CN uses the dependable Cresnet wired network for communication between devices. Cresnet provides a simple solution for configuring and wiring keypads and sensors as part of any complete Crestron system. Cresnet is the communications backbone for Crestron lighting dimmers, keypads, shades, thermostats, and many other devices. This flexible 4-wire bus provides data communications and 24 Volts DC power for all of the devices on the Cresnet network.
- A variety of parameters can be set for the GLS-ODT-C-CN by using the GLS-REMOTE-ODT/OIR remote (sold separately). This IR remote eliminates the need for a ladder when commissioning or setting up any system. The installer can simply stand underneath the sensor and use the remote to complete setup functions and fine-tune the sensor’s settings after installation. The remote provides all of the following functionality:
- Adjusts the sensitivity for vacancy and occupancy states separately
- Enables or disables Walk-Through mode
- Changes settings for Timeout feature
- Turns LEDs ON/OFF during normal operation
- Sets or changes the Cresnet ID
- Uses Force Vacancy or Factory Reset
- Ceiling-mount occupancy sensor
- Dual-technology motion detection
- 360 degree coverage pattern
- 2,000 sq ft coverage area
- Discreet, low-profile appearance
- Extremely accurate and reliable sensing
- Fully digital circuitry for low cost and high reliability
- Built-in ambient light recognition
- External photo sensor input
- Control system communications via Cresnet®
- Grace Occupancy feature