Provides a 4K multi-format presentation auto-switcher and scaler with microphone input, audio DSP, and either DM 8G+® or HDBaseT® output. Works seamlessly out of the box with up to four Crestron Connect It™ Cable Caddies.
Note: For a version of the DM-MD8X1-4K-C with built-in 3-Series Control system, see model DMPS3-4K-100-C.
The DM-MD8X1-4K-C from Crestron® provides an ultra high-definition presentation switcher with advanced features optimally suited for installation in a huddle room, conference room, or classroom. It integrates a multi-format auto-switcher, 4K video scaler, mic preamp, audio DSP, and control interface, all into one compact device that mounts conveniently under a table or in an equipment rack. Built-in Crestron Connect It™ functionality affords a complete collaboration solution that’s easy and affordable to deploy in any meeting space. Built-in DM 8G+® and HDBaseT® connectivity affords a one-wire, long-distance wiring solution for a single display device, or for integration as part of a larger DigitalMedia™ distribution system.
The DM-MD8X1-4K-C works out-of-the-box to provide automatic switching between four HDMI® or VGA sources, plus on/off control of the display device. Outputs include HDMI, DM 8G+ or HDBaseT, and balanced stereo audio. Built-in 4K scaling ensures the highest possible image quality and compatibility with the widest range of sources and displays. Easy web browser setup allows for configuration of the microphone input, audio DSP, and other settings. Centralized monitoring is supported using Crestron Fusion® Cloud, and fully-programmable control can be enabled through integration with a 3-Series Control System®.
Crestron Connect It™
- Crestron Connect It is a cost-effective, simple-to-use presentation solution that works seamlessly with the DM-MD8X1-4K-C. Simply add up to four Crestron Connect It Cable Caddies (TT-100 series) to provide BYOD connectivity and one-touch control for multiple participants around a conference table. Four USB ports on the DM-MD8X1-4K-C provide power and communications for each cable caddy.
4K Ultra HD
- The DM-MD8X1-4K-C handles 4K and Ultra HD video signals, which is essential to ensure support for the latest generation of computers and monitors with native resolutions beyond 1080p and WUXGA.
- The DM-MD8X1-4K-C provides high-performance automatic switching between four groups of inputs, each including HDMI, VGA, and unbalanced stereo audio. The HDMI inputs are compatible with DVI and Dual-Mode DisplayPort sources, and the VGA inputs can handled RGB, composite, S-Video, and component video sources. Digital audio is supported by the HDMI inputs, plus each analog audio input may be used in combination with its corresponding VGA or HDMI video input. Input auto-detection eliminates the need to configure the inputs — simply connect your source and the DM-MD8X1-4K-C selects the right audio and video combination. The switched video signal is routed to one HDMI output and one DM 8G+ output simultaneously. The DM 8G+ output is compatible with HDBaseT.
- With its high-performance 4K video scaler on board, the DM-MD8X1-4K-C ensures an optimal image from every video source on practically any display device. It allows SD, HD, and all types of computer sources to look their best on Ultra HD and 4K displays, and it allows sources with resolutions above HD 1080p to be viewed reliably on 1080p and lower resolution displays. It accepts any input resolution, from standard definition NTSC 480i to ultra high-definition 4K DCI, and scales it perfectly to match the native resolution of any screen up to 4K DCI (4096 x 2160). Interlaced sources are converted to progressive scan using motion-adaptive deinterlacing. Intelligent frame rate conversion enables support for 24p and PAL format sources. And, 3D to 2D conversion allows 3D content to be viewed on 2D-only displays. The output of the scaler feeds both the HDMI and DM 8G+ outputs.
Flexible Audio Outputs
- The switched audio signal is routed to the HDMI output as well as to a separate balanced analog audio output, with individual level adjustments provided for each output. The HDMI output signal is also fed simultaneously to the DM 8G+ output. All inputs and outputs support stereo audio, with the option to configure the analog output for mono. Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS-HD®, and 7.1 linear PCM audio signals can also be routed through the HDMI inputs and output, as well as the DM 8G+ output.
Professional Audio DSP
- The analog audio output includes professional digital signal processing, allowing the signal to be adjusted for optimum performance and sound quality. The analog output is ideally designed to be connected to an external power amplifier and used to drive a set of ceiling or wall mount speakers. In addition to volume, bass, treble, and mute controls, the DSP provides 10-band graphic equalization, fully-adjustable limiting, and up to 80 ms of delay. All settings are adjustable using the DM-MD8X1-4K-C’s web browser user interface for easy setup. The output volume level is also adjustable using the front panel volume knob.
Microphone Input with DSP
- A full-featured microphone preamp is included to support the connection of a single wired or wireless mic. Advanced features include fully-adjustable gating and compression, 4-band semi-parametric EQ, and switchable 48V phantom power. The microphone signal can be routed to the analog output, the digital output (HDMI and DM 8G+), or both, with separate level adjustments provided for each.
- Its DM 8G+ output endows the DM-MD8X1-4K-C with great potential for connecting to a display device and integrating with larger systems. DM 8G+ provides a true one-wire interface for transporting ultra high-definition video, audio, control, power, and networking signals over CAT type cable at distances up to 330 feet (100 meters). Connecting a DM 8G+ receiver to the DM 8G+ output provides a streamlined AV and control interface for a single projector or flat panel display located anywhere in the room. DM 8G+ can also provide the interface to a centralized DigitalMedia matrix switcher, allowing the DM-MD8X1-4K-C’s output signal to be distributed to multiple displays anywhere in the same room, other rooms, other buildings, or around the world.
- Crestron DM 8G+ technology is designed using HDBaseT Alliance specifications, ensuring interoperability with other HDBaseT certified products. Via DM 8G+, the DM-MD8X1-4K-C can be connected directly to an HDBaseT compliant display device without requiring a DM 8G+ receiver.
EDID Format Management
- The DM-MD8X1-4K-C provides comprehensive management of the EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) information that passes between display devices and input sources, ensuring that each source gets displayed at its optimal resolution and format. Most applications require no changes to the default settings. For applications requiring custom configuration, the DM-MD8X1-4K-C allows for easy assessment of each device’s format and resolution capabilities, with the ability to configure signals appropriately for the most desirable and predictable behavior.
QuickSwitch HD™ Technology
- Handling digital media signals means handling HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection), the encryption scheme used by content providers to protect their DVDs, Blu-ray™ discs, and broadcast signals against unauthorized copying. Viewing HDCP encrypted content requires a source device to “authenticate” each display and signal processor in the system and issue it a “key” before delivering an output signal. Crestron QuickSwitch HD manages these keys to ensure fast, reliable switching and immunity to “blackouts,” whether using a single display, or distributing to multiple displays through a larger DigitalMedia system.
Embedded Device Control
- The DM-MD8X1-4K-C includes built-in IR and RS-232 control ports, which may be utilized through integration with a Crestron 3-Series Control System to enable programmable control of local AV equipment and other devices. Some video devices can also be controlled through their HDMI or HDBaseT connections using CEC (Consumer Electronics Control). Without a control system, control capability is limited to turning a single display device on and off via CEC, RS-232, or Ethernet based on detection of an active video signal.
Note: For a version of the DM-MD8X1-4K-C with built-in 3-Series Control system, see model DMPS3-4K-100-C.
- Ultra high-definition, multi-format presentation switcher, scaler, mic preamp, audio DSP, and control interface
- Out of the box Crestron Connect It™ collaboration system functionality
- Supports up to four TT-100 series Crestron Connect It Cable Caddies
- Includes four auto-switching HDMI®, VGA, and stereo analog audio inputs
- Also supports Dual-Mode DisplayPort, DVI, and analog video sources
- Input auto-detection configures each input automatically
- QuickSwitch HD™ technology manages HDCP keys for fast, reliable switching
- Performs automatic AV signal format management via EDID
- Provides adjustable input level compensation on each audio input
- Includes a single microphone input with EQ, gating, and compression
- Provides parallel HDMI and DM 8G+ outputs for one or more display devices
- DigitalMedia 8G+® connectivity enables long-distance wiring over CAT type twisted pair cable
- Integrates with DigitalMedia™ matrix switchers to allow facility-wide signal distribution
- HDBaseT® Certified — Enables direct connection to other HDBaseT certified equipment
- Features a built-in, high-performance 4K scaler
- Upscales input signals to match the native resolution of any screen — including 4K and Ultra HD displays!
- Downscales 4K, UHD, and ultra high-resolution computer signals to fit 1080p and other lower-resolution displays
- Handles any input resolution from standard NTSC 480i or PAL 576i, to UHD and 4K
- Provides intelligent frame rate conversion, content-adaptive noise reduction, and motion-adaptive de-interlacing
- Provides 3D to 2D signal conversion, and passes 3D video (without scaling) to 3D displays
- Provides a balanced stereo audio output with graphic EQ, limiting, and delay
- Enables analog-to-HDMI audio embedding and de-embeddinginputs
- Handles Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS-HD®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- Includes onboard IR and RS-232 control ports
- Supports universal remotes via built-in RC-5 compatible IR receiver
- Provides a 10/100 Ethernet LAN connection
- Includes front panel controls for switching and volume adjustment
- Includes customizable front panel label strips
- Allows complete AV setup and adjustment via a web browser
- Fully-controllable over Ethernet from a Crestron® 3-Series Control System® 
- Communicates natively with Crestron Fusion® Cloud
- Features an internal universal power supply for worldwide compatibility
- Furnishes Power over DM® or HDBaseT for PoDM/PoH-powered devices
- Mounts under the table or in a single 19” rack space