A high-performance, surface-mountable 4K/60 signal switcher with four auto-switching HDMI® inputs, advanced EDID management, QuickSwitch HD® technology, and native Crestron® control via Ethernet.
The Crestron® HD-MD4X1-4K-E is a simple to use, ultra high-definition signal switcher with four HDMI® inputs and one HDMI output. It handles Full HD 1080p, Ultra HD, 2K, and 4K video signals with support for HDCP, 3D, Deep Color, and high-bitrate 7.1 audio. Auto-switching mode allows for completely automatic operation, while manual operation is enabled using the onboard controls, a Web browser, or a Crestron control system. Simplified setup is facilitated through the front panel OLED display or a Web browser.
4K Ultra HD
- Support for 4K video is essential to ensuring support for the latest generation of UHD and 4K DCI displays and sources, as well as computers and monitors with native resolutions beyond 1080p and WUXGA.
QuickSwitch HD® Technology
- Handling digital media signals means handling HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection), the encryption scheme used by content providers to protect their DVDs, Blu-ray™ discs, and broadcast signals against unauthorized copying. Viewing HDCP encrypted content requires a source device to “authenticate” each display and signal processor in the system and issue it a “key” before delivering an output signal. Crestron QuickSwitch HD manages these keys to ensure fast, reliable switching and immunity to “blackouts.”
EDID Format Management
- To ensure that every source gets displayed at its optimal resolution and format, the HD-MD4X1-4K-E provides comprehensive management of the EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) information that passes between the display and source devices. Most applications require no changes to the default settings. For applications requiring custom configuration, the HD-MD4X1-4K-E allows for easy assessment of each device’s format and resolution capabilities, with the ability to configure signals appropriately for the most desirable and predictable behavior.
CEC Embedded Device Control
- For controlling the connected display device, the HD-MD4X1-4K-E offers an alternative to conventional IR and RS-232 control by harnessing the CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) signal embedded in HDMI. Using CEC, many display devices can be controlled right through their HDMI connection, eliminating the need for any dedicated serial cables or IR emitters.
- The HD-MD4X1-4K-E mounts conveniently to a wall or other flat surface. At just over one inch deep, it can fit easily behind a flat panel display or under a table. It can also be placed on a rack shelf, or attached to a single rack rail.
- 4x1 ultra high-definition 4K/60 digital AV switcher
- For standalone use, or as part of a fully integrated Crestron® system
- Fully operable using onboard controls, a Web browser, or a Crestron control system
- Simplified setup through the front panel OLED display or Web browser
- Four HDMI® inputs and one HDMI output
- DVI and DisplayPort Multimode compatible
- Auto-switching mode for hands-off operation
- QuickSwitch HD® technology manages HDCP keys for fast, reliable switching
- Comprehensive built-in EDID configuration tools
- Enables display device control via CEC
- Handles Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- High-speed Ethernet LAN connection
- Compact, low-profile surface mount design
- Universal 100-240V external power pack included